Wintergreen essential oil is derived from the leaves of a creeping shrub found in coniferous areas. The main chemical component in Wintergreen, methyl salicylate, is used in topical creams and massage blends because of its soothing properties. In fact, Wintergreen and Birch are the only plants in the world that contain methyl salicylate naturally. As a flavoring, small amounts of Wintergreen are used in candies, toothpaste, and chewing gum. When diffused, Wintergreen has a refreshing aroma that’s uplifting and stimulating. Through doTERRA’s Co-Impact Sourcing® initiative, our new source of Wintergreen comes from Nepal where it is wild harvested by rural villagers then distilled by community-owned distillation facilities. This process creates increased economic opportunity for very remote regions in rural Nepal.
- Great for a warming soothing massage after exercise
- Has a refreshing aroma that’s uplifting and stimulating
- Frequently used in gum, candy, and toothpaste for flavoring
- Wintergreen has a warming effect when applied to skin and is excellent to use as a soothing massage. A little goes a long way, so use sparingly and dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- For a soothing bath, add 1–2 drops of Wintergreen essential oil to warm bath water.
Aromatic DescriptionSweet, minty, refreshing
Collection MethodSteam Distillation
Main ConstituentsMethyl salicylate
Help ons en andere klanten door het schrijven van een review
0 sterren gebaseerd op 0 beoordelingen Uw review toevoegen